The Aurora Alliance of nine societally engaged research universities in Europe is looking for a Project Manager to manage the research and Innovation aspect of the Aurora European University Alliance supported by the European Commission´s Horizon 2020 Programme. More specifically, the project manager will coordinate and manage the Aurora SWAFS (Science with and for Society) project that has been approved by the European Commission as part of the “Support for the Research and Innovation Dimension of European Universities”. The project is funded for three years.
Field of work
- Project management, implementing the project plan, supervising the project work, ensuring that deliverables are delivered on time.
- Liaise with work package leaders on: Research support, research infrastructure, academia – business cooperation, human resources, open science policies, citizen engagement.
- Coordinate with the Aurora central office on Aurora Alliance wide activities, including synergies between the education and research dimensions of the Alliance.
- Support and coordination with all Aurora Alliance member universities.
- Education at a Master´s level that is useful for this position.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of Icelandic is an advantage.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in international cooperation.
- Knowledge of international, especially the European research and innovation environment, and EC priorities (open science, innovation, infrastructures, etc)
- Experience working in a university environment is desirable.
- Interpersonal skills, flexibility, and a strong sense of service.
- Ambition, initiative, independence, and precision in working methods.
Salary is in accordance with the official agreement between collective wage and salary agreement between the Minister of Finance and the relevant union. The Project Manager will be an employee of the University of Iceland and based either in Reykjavík at the University of Iceland or Amsterdam at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. The position will start no later than September 1, 2021.
The application should include:
- Curriculum vitae.
- Description of how the applicants meet the requirements, their interests in the project and how they can contribute to the project.
- Certificates of education (BS, MS) and distribution of grades.
- The name, telephone number and e-mail address of two referrals (including their relationship to the applicant).
All applications will be answered, and applicants will be informed about the appointment when a decision has been made. Applications are valid in the system for 6 months after the application deadline.
Appointments to positions at the University of Iceland are made in consideration of the Equal Rights Policy of the University of Iceland. The University of Iceland has a special Language Policy. The application deadline is April 23rd, 2021.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy you may contact Halldor Jonsson, Head of Science and Innovation at the University of Iceland, email firstname.lastname@example.org